Applecross Literacy Clinic provide your child with the skills to improve their academic results.
The clinic assesses students using current, reliable and valid, research based tests. The results from these neurologically based assessments are then used to develop individual programs which aim to address the specific weaknesses in the child’s literacy or numeracy profile. We work with the students in a caring environment and aim to give them the skills and strategies needed to cope with the demands of school.
Our programs primarily help students with …
- low achievement in language
- language learning difficulties
- low results in NAPLAN testing
Other areas our programs can benefit your child are …
- essay writing
- higher order comprehension skills
Comprehensive specific assessments are used for all students before individual programs are written.
- Assessments for primary students include neural development profiles, spoken language development and literacy profiles.
- At secondary school level, all the literacy skills necessary for success are tested.